30 September 2014

Impossible Task at Hand

http://www.playwinterpark.com/media/images/packed_suitcase/Copy2520of2520Swartz2520Photography2520packed2520suitcase-4.jpg

If I am leaving for a beech-holiday trip to Italy the task already seems unbelievably hard. The first question is always: What should I bring? 
I'll need bathing suits and regular clothes for the day and excursions into the city but also something to put on when going out for dinner. Then there is my issue with sunburns so I need loads and loads of sunscreen in every possible SPF available just to be prepared. Shoes? Towels? Do I plan on working out (honestly: NOPE, but who knows what could come over me?)? Games? And BOOKS. Well I love reading and especially on beach-vacations I just bury myself in the stories and devour book after book in a rather short amount of time. This means I really have to be prepared. Nothing worse than not having something to read around. It is really hard for me to sleep before going on vacations because I have to think of every possibility in advance in order to be prepared. Further there is the "Oh my God I am sure I forgot something"-Feeling, this  nagging feeling that I forgot something. I even get this feeling BEFORE I start the whole packing process and it just drives me crazy.

And this was just my thoughts before leaving on a holiday. Packing for 3 to 6 months: imagine my head exploding by going through everything. And take into account the season change.
This task lies ahead of me now, since University starts again in a few days and I am leaving for my apartment tomorrow morning. And I hate it. I simply do. Not even my "Recent Favourites"- playlist or "The Cat Empire" can get me into starting the process this time. 

I've been living at home again for the past couple of months and leaving until Christmas now seems not very appealing. Even though I was really looking forward to go back into my flat and getting my Independence back completely after leaving some (okay a lot) of it behind and falling back into the "daughter-role" here. I really am excited for university to start again and to see my friends again but on the other side just now I get comfortable in my place here again. It's always like this before I leave again after a uni break. It's always twisted and there is this inner fight going on whether I am excited or sad to go. And mostly: it's both at the same time. AWESOME this confusion.
Normally though, after I cried a little when I said goodbye to my family and especially my mum and I go through security control at the airport, most of the sadness turns into excitement for the upcoming  next phase of uni and my independent life in the big city.

But before the scenario at the airport can take place once again, I need to pack all my clothes, chargers, electronic devices, my Laptop, my other SIM-card, books and utilities for uni, bags, shoes, keys and loads and loads of little things. This list would be endless, so I won't even attempt on completing it. But I think you get the picture. 
So now the "Oh my God I am sure I forgot something"-Feeling crept up on me. Again. I think I should give the music another try and attempt the impossible task of packing everything I need for the next months into my suitcase and bags. 

Wish me luck!
Cheers for now,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment