14 April 2014

Lazy day and new discoveries, including "The 1975" and "Kyle Andrews"

I was very fortunate today and got to spend a lazy day in my flat and nothing had to be done urgently so I treated myself with time and freedom to do what I wanted to do: relaxing and chilling.
After a nice breakfast and a few episodes of a new series I just started, my mind wondered and as it does so often ended up drifting towards music. So in the end I spent hours surfing the different channels in my never ending quest to discover amazing new artists, bands and songs.

http://www.clashmusic.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_feature/public/field/image/the1975-album-art.jpgI came across The 1975 and immediately bought the album (the Deluxe- hard copy version). I know that they came up and released their first self-titled album half a year ago and they were very successful in the UK. They managed to get  to the top of the album charts for a week and they reached 8th position in the US Rock charts. So it is simply a matter of time that they'll start breaking through in more countries.
Anyway: they are an alternative/indie rock band from Manchester and in my opinion are definitely a band to watch out for in the future. The album is full of amazing songs such as Chocolate, The City, Sex or Girls. These songs have a catchy hook and stay with you for a long time. To me they immediately brought a feeling of positivity. But the album also features songs that transport a special kind of melancholy such as Robbers. 
All in all I think this album is really balanced and perfectly assembled and put together. Their music is very real and pulls you in from the start.

But this wasn't my only discovery of the day. Additionally to The 1975 I came across Kyle Andrews.
http://kyleandrews.com/about/He is an American singer/songwriter and basically this colourful personality. He seems very real and authentic just spreading joy and positivity. On his website is stated that in 2013 his album Brighter Than The Sun was released which is "a consistently "positive" record from front to back". I can only completely agree with that statement. His music fits perfectly in my current state of mind, which is basically to be genuinely more positive (as I've already mentioned in previous posts). So if you need a new soundtrack for your spring/summer or just in general: give him a listen.


Cheers for now,
Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment